Monday 12 July 2010

one week later

So I am one week into my summer research project and I wish I could say I am now a lab genius but sadly I'm not. However, I have definitely learnt a lot in a short time. In only one week I have seen the purification of actin from beginning to end. And when I mean beginning I mean beginning. It is easy to neglect where protein preps used for experiments come from when doing lab work. Let just put it like this all lab work is not glorious. Hence, I will always appreciate a good actin prep in the future.

The actin which has been purified is going to be used in my future experiments so it is important that it has gone well. Something that lab work doesn't always do. Hence for this week I am keeping my fingers crossed that, even though not a lab genius, my skills have been good enough for the actin to have survived. But if not, at least I now know how to start from the beginning. And we all know what they say practise makes perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment