Sunday 25 July 2010

and we wait

One thing that has been said about science is that when you need time you have non and when you don't you have a lot.
This is exactly what I have been experiencing in my third week here in the lab.

The beginning of the week was definitely a time lacking period. More ATPase assays were on the agenda and if you are slightly absent minded there just isn't enough time to keep those reactions in check. A few mistakes were made and some funny results indeed came out in the end. However, with some proper sleep concentration was returned and what seemed like ok results were obtained, until I ran out of protein that is.

The lack of proteins signified the other part of my week, the one with way to much time. See proteins are extraordinary things but they are also annoying things when they take for ever to be purified. So when you have read all journals imaginary there is nothing left to do than sit and stare at your timer. But all of this is part of being a scientist, well this is my hope.

Until next week, where I hope time will be more evened out

No comments:

Post a Comment